• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Sansei engine broke in Rotobrush 2 propagation for AE Beta?

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last several days I've been trying to use rotobrush 2 in AE beta (most recent version). It was working fine for several updates and then one that was pushed out a week or so ago has 'broke' it for me. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, rolled back (you go back a few versions and suddenly rotobrush 2 isn't available..?), made sure my MacBook is compeltely up to date. 

Its hard to explain but before this happened, I used to be able to push play in Preview and it would capture my subject amazingly well with very little intervention on my part. Now, when I try to do that, the tool will endlessly propagate, the image will shrink into the corner on occasion, and my brush strokes become very 'boxy' and not smooth at all. I notice that the yellow resolution warning bar jumps in over the proapagtion progress bar (green) quickly from time to time as well. Above all else, it does a terrible job on its own. Even when I go frame to frame, its not ideal; I might as well be using the non-Beta version.

I am using Rotobrush version 2 with quality set at 'Best'. No other settings have ever been adjusted. The video clips I'm having trouble with now are from the same source (MLB) as I've always used, so video issues can't be the problem. 

My laptop:
2019 MacBook Pro 16-inch
2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Any advice would be most appricated. Beggars can't be choosers, but the tool originally cut my work time in half. Now its no better (maybe worse?) that the 'offical' AE

TOPICS
Error , Performance , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

It's working perfectly again. The update after I posted this seemed to have fixed it. Thanks a lot for looking into it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "experts" on here have no response? No one else is having this problem, I guess? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had some recent breakage occur with RB 2 that we're currently investigating.  I'll follow up as soon as I have an update.  I might need more info from you as well.  Thanks for reporting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I can provide video if need be.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PitcherGiffer,

As James mentioned, there was a recent breakage which affected the results of propagation. A fix has been made and is available in the latest Beta, any build greater than 17.5.0.22. Would you mind giving Roto Brush a spin in the latest build and let us know if the results are more in line with your earlier experience? 

Thanks very much for any feedback,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's working perfectly again. The update after I posted this seemed to have fixed it. Thanks a lot for looking into it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources