Highlighted

Roto Brush flickering

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very annoying that the picture flickers every time I paint the mask with the roto brush. After each brush stroke, the picture disappears for a second and appears. Apparently reboots with new data. But when you work with a long segment of video, these blinks are very unnerving and strain your eyes. Smear - blink, smear - blink, corrected smear - blink ... Please fix this blink so that the picture does not disappear, but simply update the roto brush mask.

Topics

Bug, Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Roto Brush flickering

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very annoying that the picture flickers every time I paint the mask with the roto brush. After each brush stroke, the picture disappears for a second and appears. Apparently reboots with new data. But when you work with a long segment of video, these blinks are very unnerving and strain your eyes. Smear - blink, smear - blink, corrected smear - blink ... Please fix this blink so that the picture does not disappear, but simply update the roto brush mask.

Topics

Bug, Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch.  It occurs when the layer is clipped as a result of zooming, which is almost always the case when using roto brush to define segmentation.  This is a known problem that we're actively working on fixing.  Should be addressed soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed in build 17.5 x10.  Please try it and report back if you're still encountering this problem.  Thanks. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Still encountering this problem. You are great, and in beta 17.5.0 (10) it got better, but the picture is still blinking. I made a test. If you work in HD, then with each brush stroke, the picture no longer disappears so often. Can blink after 20-40 frames. And if you work in 2K, then the problem remains. Every time at the beginning of a fragment it is not noticeable and does not interfere with working if the fragment is small (2-3 sec). But if the video is long (10-30 seconds), then by the middle of the fragment there is blinking with each brush stroke and the picture disappears for 1-2 seconds. And therefore eyes get tired and working hours are delayed. I am using multiple computers (mac) and the problem is the same on all computers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another good catch!  I can reproduce what you're seeing, although it's intermittent for me.  But you're correct, a flash frame does occur.  It has something to do with adding background/foreground strokes at a non-base frame location after propagating a lengthy clip (around 30 seconds).  We're working on fix.  Thanks for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines