• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotobrush 2 No Longer Working

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the Rotobrush 2 for a whole lot of shots and so far its been working well. Lately I have not been able to use it at all because after making my selection on the first frame it will not process any further frames. The viewport turns black and I get an error that says "After Effects (Beta) warning: Unknown Exception"

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the AE Beta, and the CC app, but it does not seem to be helping.

Windows 10: version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
AMD Ryzen 7 8-Core 3.59 Ghz

32 GB RAM

RTX 2080 Super

TOPICS
Bug , Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Hi again AcidZack,

This issue is resolved in the latest build of After Effects (Beta) ( 17.5.0.21 ). Please let us know if you're still experiencing this error in the latest build.

Thanks very much,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AcidZack,

Thank you for reporting this issue. The team is aware of the problem and looking at possible solutions. When a fix is availabe in a new Beta build, I'll follow back up on this post to let you know.

Thank you again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotobrush broken for me as well. Is it possible to downgrade to the previous beta build?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can install older beta builds from Creative Cloud Desktop app. Go to 'Beta apps' section. For 'After Effects (Beta)' you should see three dots next to 'Open' button. Tap on three dots and you should see the option to install 'Other versions'. It should list all available beta builds for installation. Note that it does not list all builds, but the available options should be sufficient for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same thing but this is my first time installing it and trying it out today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again AcidZack,

This issue is resolved in the latest build of After Effects (Beta) ( 17.5.0.21 ). Please let us know if you're still experiencing this error in the latest build.

Thanks very much,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, I have Version 17.6.0 

And it's still doing this for me.

I'd appreciate any help with this please?

Thank you for your time

Jerome

My system is as follows

Windows 10 Home Version 1903 OS Build 18362.657

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core 3.6 GHz

16GB RAM

AMD Radeon (TM) RX 570

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version build - categorically Rotobrush 2 does not work. Every singel time, after I create the first outline, and then skip forward a fe frames, or skip forward even one frame - AE instantly crashes and quits. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah seems like they've broken something in the newer updates, I can't play a Premier pro video without it going to 2fps, I've got a video due tonight and I can't do it now because this is happening to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The only fix I found was switching it back to rotobrush 1. There is a
dropdown in the top of the effect controls panel once you have the
rotobrush selected. This 'solved' the problem for me. But, I wanna be able
to use rotobrush 2! lol

--

*-Zak Krevitt*
ZakKrevitt.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources