• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard 3D interchangeable format export-import. FBX, Alembic formats.

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been wanting this enhanced 3D workflow for a long time. To have AE control the same way as a 3D program. A great addition to make this a complete 3D workflow is to have FBX and Alembic support for cameras, lights, and nulls. It would be great to export my animated cameras, lights, nulls and any 3D layers easily and intuitivly into any 3D application, ie. Maya, 3Ds Max, Blender, Houdini, Unreal. Same goes for the reverse, I would like to easily export cameras, lights, locators (Maya Nulls), Empty Plain Axis (Blender's Null) as FBX or Alembic and import them into After Effects. I know AE has great integration when it comes to C4D but this addition can bridge the gap between many different pipelines. In my day to day I work across multiple 3D programs and each requiring different workflows to integrate AE. Ease of use 3d-2d integration would be a welcoming addition to the Animation industry.   

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!

In the meanwhile we have the Autodesk "Live link to Adobe After Effects"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah! I love that feature and use it every day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources