• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird expression errors in After Effects Beta 17.1.3 (Build 18)

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Check out my sample project and screen recording here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3t4zq8jvua0nlw/Bug%20on%20After%20Effects%20Beta%2017.1.3%20%28Build%2018...

Result: 

• When I open the sample project in latest Beta I see an expression error
  • Sometimes turning on and off a layer or moving playhead fixes the error
  • When changing the controls on "Controller" layer all sorts of weird errors happen which were not happening in previous versions

Expected:

• No expression error
  • These expression errors were not happening on previous versions of After Effects 2018-2020 
  • The expression errors do not make sense - for examle "Couldn't turn into numeric value" when dividing a number property by 2.

System info
    Application: After Effects (Beta) v17.1.3.18

Let me know if there is anything more I can provide. 

Cheers

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for reporting this issue. The development team is aware of this breakage and is looking at possible solutions. It is currently being tracked internally as DVAAE-4215701. We'll keep this thread updated as a fix becomes available.

Thanks again Alexander! Your feedback and reporting is very much appreciated.

- John, After Effects Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect, thanks for looking into it. It seems to be somehow manifesting in Premiere too (mogrts not working as expected), I've reported it on the Premiere Beta forum too. 

The issue is still happening in 17.1.3x19. Feel free to reach out anytime, if there is anything I can help with.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources