• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects crashes when opening tutorial videos

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I tried to open the "hands on tutorials" and adobe after effects (AE) crashed. It didn't crash for keyframe animation, but it did crash for the visual effects one. And I'm on the screen that initially loads when opening AE. It definitely isn't due to my computer being too slow. I initially thought it was due to some cache problem since I did get a space warning, but I cleared cache and changed location. After testing again, keyframe still loads, but VFX doesn't. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Compositing and VFX , Crash , Performance , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info: This seems to happen only when it loads the files that come with the tutorial. Idk how but one time I loaded the VFX thing in but it didn't have any of the sample files, only the video - and it didn't crash. So loading the files somehow affects this but once again, my PCs power is not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We can't know. You have not provided any actual info about your system or other details. A simple graphics driver issue can cause a crash even on the most powerful machine, so at least check that. Anything more will require better info.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate