• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

AE 22.6 video preview/render has random hue flicker

0 Votes
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this weird issue in AE 22.6 when working on post with master rushes. There appears to be a random flicker changing hue from magenta to green every now and then. It's very random though.

Does anyone have the same issue? I heard rumors about some bugs in AE with M1 macs involving ProRes files and some issues with bit depth when rendering ProRes but not sure if this is related?

I attach 2 frames for reference. For the best comparison please download and flick between images as it's very subtle but it's definitely there. 

Opening the projects in the older version works fine and I didn't notice any flicker.

I'm about to test the new beta version and see if the problem persists. 

Any idea how to fix this in latest version of AE?

It would be great to have this addressed by Adobe team please!

My specs:

mac OS Monterey 12.6

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)

Chip AppleM1 Max

Memory 64GB

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Compositing and VFX , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Hi @Viliam5EB6,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I do see the slight hue shift in the images you shared, but we will need a bit more information about your footage and your color settings in the After Effects project to get a sense of what might be going on.

Please post your Color setting from the Project Setting dialog, as well as any color settings from the Output Module you are using to render.

Is this only happening with ProRes exports? As a possible troubleshooting step, try disablin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Viliam5EB6,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I do see the slight hue shift in the images you shared, but we will need a bit more information about your footage and your color settings in the After Effects project to get a sense of what might be going on.

Please post your Color setting from the Project Setting dialog, as well as any color settings from the Output Module you are using to render.

Is this only happening with ProRes exports? As a possible troubleshooting step, try disabling hardware acceleration of ProRes encoding in the Output section of the preferences and see if the color shift still occurs.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide, 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate