Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 23 crashes as soon as I switch to another application

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

for about a week now I'm having issues with AE 23. So I'm working in AE 23 and I have another application open in the background (e.g. Chrome or Premiere). Once I click to open up the other application, AE will crash Windows and the system reboots. It exclusively happens when switching away from AE and not from any other software so the problem has to be with AE. Not sure what's going on since it wasn't an issue before and suddenly it is. It started happening in AE 23.3 (which was running fine before). I then downgraded to AE 23.2 and AE 23.1 but the issue persists. Downgrading to AE 22 seems to resolve the issue but this is not an option for my current project. I also downgraded my Nvidia drivers as suggested by Victoria some time ago ( https://twitter.com/FakeGreenDress/status/1634250027978858497?s=20 ) but no luck. I'm on Windows 11, version 22H2.

Attached you'll find a log file that was generated the last time AE crashed my system.

I hope there's a solution to this!

Best wishes,

Constantin

EDIT: I should note that it does not always happens when switching to another application. But very frequently, so probably every 4th or 5th time I switch to another app. And since I switch apps regularly that's crashing Windows roughly every 10 minutes which isn't a very nice way to work. 😉

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem, AE 2023 but even AE 2024 crash when I switch to another application. I don't know why it is triggered, but I'm not able to work very well, because I need to swtich to Google Chrome, or something else. I got to work on a fast schedule, so I haven't the time to disinstall, reinstall, put all the scripts and plugins... 

Is there no way to fix this one? @ConstantinMaier did you find out the solution? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can get it checked. Do you see any error messages or crash reports when it crashes? Does it happen every time you switch the apps, or is it random? What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? Are there any third-party plug-ins installed?

Let us know. Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nishu, I try to reply to all of your questions.

AE crashes at random, there is no pattern to understand.

My specifications are: 

CPU: I7-10700K
RAM: 64Gb - Patriot 32GBx2 DDR4 3600MHz
GPU: Nvidia 2070 RTX Windforce Super

There are third-party plugins installed, such as Videocopilot, and Trapcode Suite and some scripts.

I've passed a day without using After Effects and it doesn't crash. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines