• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE crash when deleting expression linked effect

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE reports 9 expressions error but in theres only 8. If I select and delete CC Toner effect on v2 the app crash. Manually deleting each expession individually is the only way to go but during the process the expression warning message reports an astronomous amount of errors (see 2nd screenshot). Bug has been reported on multiple machine.
Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022
Thank you again for reporting this issue, Frederic. We are able to repro the bug with the project you've shared and are now investigating.

Thanks again,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frederic,

Thank you for reporting this issue. After creating a project matching your screenshots by copying the CC Toner effect via Copy with Relative Property links, we could not reproduce the behavior you've reported; only 8 expression errors were shown, and there was no crash when deleting the CC Toner effect on the second Shape layer.

If possible, could you share this project with us or provide the steps to recreate the buggy behavior? Also, what version of After Effects and what OS are you currently using?

Thanks again for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John for your quick reponse! I have tried both 22.2 and 22.3 of AE on PC and it provoke a "Not responding" application in task manager when I first delete the CC Toner on Shape Layer 1 and than on the second layer. I shipped the attached project to a mac user and the crash happened too. Don't know if the attachement link is working so here is a dropbox link to the project: https://www.dropbox.com/t/vCVXyooSW0slPYqP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John for your quick reponse! I have tried both 22.2 and 22.3 of AE on PC and it provoke a "Not responding" application in task manager when I first delete the CC Toner on Shape Layer 1 and than on the second layer. I shipped the attached project to a mac user and the crash happened too. Here is a link to the project https://www.dropbox.com/t/vCVXyooSW0slPYqP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you again for reporting this issue, Frederic. We are able to repro the bug with the project you've shared and are now investigating.

Thanks again,

Votes

Translate

Translate