• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE crashes when opening some projects (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System: Mac Studio, Ventura 13.0.1

After Effects: 23.0

Community, I come to you in my hour of need. A project I've put many hours into will no longer open. Every time I try, it gets to 98/99%... then poops out and generates a crash log of absolutely unitelligble nonsense. The project opened fine yesterday and as far as I can tell, nothing's changed that would cause this.

No AE update, no plugin updates or additions, same operating system.

The issue only effects some projects. I've tried earlier saves and auto saves. All dead. However, other projects will work just fine as do all versions of those project line saves and their auto saves. But if one project from a line of saves won't open, none of that line will no matter how far back I go.

Steps I've tried:

Trashing preferences, reinstalling and rebooting, holding down shift when opening, purged memory / disk cache, changing file name, importing to a new project, sacrificing a squirrel. Nothing has worked. 

Apparently this is happening to a bunch of people. I see posts about it here and reddit with some success in fixing the issue using the steps I listed above and others who just finally gave up. Fingers crossed someone knows the magic words to fix the issue. 

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Crash , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Hi @taylorh41573943,

Thanks for making this report, and sorry to see you're experiencing this issue.

When the crash occurs, have you submitted your crash report with your email and note mentioning opening a project? If you haven't already, please do that the next time you experience a crash. If you have, please let us know (here or in a DM) what email you entered when you submitted the report so we can take a look.

Would you be able to provide links to those other reports? Perhaps there is a

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @taylorh41573943,

Thanks for making this report, and sorry to see you're experiencing this issue.

When the crash occurs, have you submitted your crash report with your email and note mentioning opening a project? If you haven't already, please do that the next time you experience a crash. If you have, please let us know (here or in a DM) what email you entered when you submitted the report so we can take a look.

Would you be able to provide links to those other reports? Perhaps there is a common pattern we could find e.g. the use of a specific feature, media type, or third-party tool.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide, 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate