• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects cant continue - AE crashed and wont open again

Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after effects crashed on me just now and when I open it back up it says "after effects cant continue: an unexpected error has occurred and AFter Effects will not shutdown. Please check you have the appropriate permissions to launch After Effects as well as read/write acess to the After Effects preferences folder. If any other error messages were displayed prior to this, please review and resolve if possible." I noticed that AE updated itself last night. Looks like auto updates were turned on. I bet this wouldnt have happened if auto updates were turned off. I cant get back in. Going to need to have someone remote in AGAIN to fix it.

adobe remoted in to fix it. I asked what caused it. They said: "I understand, whenever we close the AE on any project it tried to open that project again whenever we again open the application. That's why it was not opening and was showing the permissions the reason it was showing the permissions because it was locating the project which not connected. That's why I had to open it from creative cloud to open it so we can open the main page of the AE".  That doesnt seem normal that if you try to open AE, (without clicking on any projects) that it's trying to open a project even though you didn't instruct it to.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Crash , Troubleshooting , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

The error is the just an updated handling of the original issues you've reported before. Something in your MacOS 14 system is changing the permissions or blocking access to files AE needs to run. Do you have any virus checkers or disk encryption or other third-party software that might be interacting with your OS?

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error is the just an updated handling of the original issues you've reported before. Something in your MacOS 14 system is changing the permissions or blocking access to files AE needs to run. Do you have any virus checkers or disk encryption or other third-party software that might be interacting with your OS?

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I practically wiped the computer from scratch a few weeks ago. the permissions were fine all day today until it crashed and now it thinks its a permissions issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe remoted in to fix it. I asked what caused it. They said: "I understand, whenever we close the AE on any project it tried to open that project again whenever we again open the application. That's why it was not opening and was showing the permissions the reason it was showing the permissions because it was locating the project which not connected. That's why I had to open it from creative cloud to open it so we can open the main page of the AE". That doesnt seem normal that if you try to open AE, (without clicking on any projects) that it's trying to open a project even though you didn't instruct it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That information from support doesn't sound right about opening projects. AE will only try to open the project if you start by opening a .aep file. The only other case I can remotely think of is if a third-party scripting plugin is trying to start something up but that doesn't sound like what you're running into. 

The permissions information is our best guess at what went wrong during startup, but it's possible it is something else. It's strange that it only happened after you crashed. If you go into the preferences folder (/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/After Effects) and delete that folder, does that help get AE starting up again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know but i'm not going to test that theory because AE is back up and running again since Adobe remoted in to fix it. and I'm a freelancer who makes money hourly so it's prudent for me to get back to work. tight deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know it's up and running again. We are connecting with the support team to see what they have been doing when they remote in to your machine so we can update AE to handle the situation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate