• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Creating A LOT of glitch frames.

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently built a new pc and it's quiet powerful compared to what I used before. But now, I've been noticing a serious issue with After Effects 2023. While previewing any video, many glitched frames are being generated which go away when I clear the cache. The glitches are like, some random frames of the video become dark blueish, as if I had applied hue/saturation on them, where as 1 or 2 frames get inverted (up side down).

The moment I purge memory and disk cache, the glitched frames are gone, but after 1-2 minutes of scrubbing through the timeline, more glitches come back to different places in the video. I am not able to understand if this is an issue with my RAM (because it being ddr5 has high frequency but it also has a high cache latency) or SSD? Or maybe it is just an After Effects version issue. I am currently using After Effects Version 23.2.1 (Build 3). Someone please help me fix this problem.

These are the specs of my new PC:

Processor
Intel Core I9-13900KF Desktop Processor

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z790-A WIFI CSM (DDR5)

RAM
Gskill RipJaws 64GB (32GBx2) (DDR5) 5200MHz

Graphics Card
Inno3D RTX 4070 Ti 12GB

SSD
Adata XPG Gammix S70 Blade 1TB M.2 NVMe Gen4

Hard Drive
None ( I am planning to buy a new 500gb SSD soon which I'll use solely for cache)

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro Non Activated (I'll activate soon, but I don't think this could cause the issue anyways lol)

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Crash , Performance , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?