• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects preview bugs out

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very often, especially when my computer comes out of sleep mode, my preview window will no longer respond. Either what's in the preview frame will freeze while I move things around, or it'll just go grey. Sometimes when I reboot it works for a little while, then it's messed up again, seemingly at completely random moments and even in brand new workfiles.

Over the past few months since I installed Windows 11 I've come back to this issue countless times. Read all the potential fixes I came across. And none of it sticks. What's incredibly frustrating is how far back this known issue goes and how it still isn't fixed ... And it's happening more frequently to the point that it's seriously impacting my work performance as a freelancer, and I'm having to refuse work because I'd just end up damaging my reputation by not being able to deliver.

I've done all the things most people have recommended ... I've updated to the latest versions, tried previous versions, uninstalled, reinstalled, updated my graphics card drivers, cleaned the cache, tried the audio hardware fix, rebooted my PC, ... None of it sticks long term. I even bought a brand spanking new RTX 3080 and it's still the same issue. It's extremely frustrating.

Do I really have to go back to Windows 10 and hope that fixes it? Wasting another week of reinstalling and configuring everything?

Has anyone found a long term solution for this bug?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Crash , Performance , Troubleshooting , UI and UX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My specs are:

AMD Ryzen 9 5959X @ 3,40Ghz

128 GB DDR4 ram

Windows 11 Home 64 bit on Samsung PCI-E SSD

RTX 3080

X570 Aorus Elite motherboard

Latest version of AFX, latest graphics card driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate