• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit layer names or expressions; ghost return key hit.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue randomly, before, but intermittently in the past, and a software restart seemed to resolve it. I figured it was one of my plug-ins acting up, and that I would address it during some downtime in the next few months. Today it has reared its ugly head in two different massive projects. and now carries over into even new ones.

When I go to enter characters of any kind in the timeline— a layer name, a value, an expression, anything— after a random amount of time between .5 and 2 seconds, the program will behave as if I have clicked off of the input, preventing me from making further changes. It's completely debilitating.

I have tried disconnecting from my peripherals and trying other units. I have also reinstalled After Effects, removed every plug-in and script, and started new projects in safe mode. STILL the issue persists. I have tried everything. It won't stop doing it. I cannot find the issue in any other piece of software, including other Adobe software.

I cannot find any guidance about this online. I'm facing deadlines and really hoping that there's someone out there that can help me.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance , Scripting , Troubleshooting , UI and UX , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have not provided any useful info like system info, language settings, input devices used, screenshots and so on, so we can't tell you anything. You need to be much more specific.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate