• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Aware Fill error "Content-Aware Fill Error: Initialization Failed"

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to do a content aware fill on a video clip located on an external SSD, I get the following error when I click the Generate Fill button:

After Effects warning: Content-Aware Fill Error: Initialization Failed

Tom5E0F_0-1670524887876.png

If I copy the media file to my local drive, and my .aep file to my local drive, the error does not happen.

Same media file, same process, no error.

I'm on MacBook Pro 16 inch 2021 running MacOS 12.6 and After Effects 23.0.0 Build 59.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Compositing and VFX , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Hi @Tom5E0F,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We unfortunately aren't able to reproduce the same error/failure when using Content-Aware Fill on our in-house macOS test systems.

When CAF starts, it first will analyze the composition before rendering fill frames. This is indicated by the text above the progress at the bottom of the CAF panel. Does the error show up for you at the start of the Analysis phase or later on during the Rendering phase?

Is it possible that permissions on your exte

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Tom5E0F,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We unfortunately aren't able to reproduce the same error/failure when using Content-Aware Fill on our in-house macOS test systems.

When CAF starts, it first will analyze the composition before rendering fill frames. This is indicated by the text above the progress at the bottom of the CAF panel. Does the error show up for you at the start of the Analysis phase or later on during the Rendering phase?

Is it possible that permissions on your external SSD are preventing the CAF from creating the rendered Fill frames? By default, CAF renders these frames in a "Fills" folder next to your project file. If this folder can't be created, it would cause CAF to fail. Try explicitly setting the destination for fill frames to somewhere on your local hard disk by going to "Content-Aware Fill Settings..." in the hamburger menu of the CAF panel, then changing Output Location from "Project Relative" to "Absolute" and choosing a path on your local drive.

Thanks again for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide, 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate