Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop down menu open off screen / inaccessible

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sharchiksoundwide_0-1666719211597.png

Has anyone else dealt with or fixed this issue? 

Drop-down menus with a lot of items in them like Essential Graphics ALWAYS open off-screen so you can't scroll all the way to the top or bottom (depending on where the panel is that you're opening from. 

It's been this way for several versions and I don't know why it isn't fixed. It should just be a small dropdown that opens BELOW the drop-DOWN menu and has a scroll bar to go through all the options, not this weird long list that opens off screen everytime. 

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Performance , Troubleshooting , UI and UX , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Hi @sharchik-soundwide,

Thank you for reporting this issue. That definitely isn't intended behavior; on macOS I see these same menus opening downwards when positioned near the top of the screen. Are you using an external monitor, perhaps positioned above your primary monitor, or have you recently disconnected another monitor? It seems like the menu placement is confused and "thinks" there is more monitor above its current location than there really is.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for a

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Thanks @sharchik-soundwide, it sounds like this might be a possible macOS display mapping issue, but we will get a ticket opened on this and investigate to see if there's anything that can be done on our side.

Thanks again,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team  

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sharchiksoundwide_0-1666823532994.png

Here's another one in Media encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sharchik-soundwide,

Thank you for reporting this issue. That definitely isn't intended behavior; on macOS I see these same menus opening downwards when positioned near the top of the screen. Are you using an external monitor, perhaps positioned above your primary monitor, or have you recently disconnected another monitor? It seems like the menu placement is confused and "thinks" there is more monitor above its current location than there really is.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide, 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god, you are ABSOLUTELY right this has bothered me for years. 

I have a dual monitor setup with 2 ultrawide monitors stacked on top of each other and dragging one of these windows to the TOP monitor makes the menus operate properly. When on the bottom monitor macOS must be seeing the monitor above as available space when I have it set to "separate spaces" so there's no overlap across monitors. 

Not sure why it wouldn't default to always spilling open downwards. 

sharchiksoundwide_0-1667318737581.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @sharchik-soundwide, it sounds like this might be a possible macOS display mapping issue, but we will get a ticket opened on this and investigate to see if there's anything that can be done on our side.

Thanks again,

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate