• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dropdown menu bug... again ?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I created a dropdown menu in a component to easily adjust effects. This menu is then put in essential graphics. Everything works... except if I want to modify the content of the menu (via the "edit" )... There it removes it from essential graphiscs, it removes all the key images of this effect (added by the menu) and by the way it removes me all the key images of the other effects also related to the essential graphics (thus without direct link with this menu...). Is this a known bug? it's very annoying because with each modification of the menu you have to redo everything... THANK YOU
version 2021 release, 18.4.1

ps: obviously I'm not the only one to have this problem, but is it fixed in recent versions?
Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Hi @Henri5CBF,

Thank you for reporting this issue. As far as I'm aware, this issue has been fixed for quite some time in more recent versions of After Effects. @DaciaSaenz might be able to provide more details.

If you're hesitant to update, remember that you can install new major versions without uninstalling your current version. In this case, you can keep 18.4.1 installed while you install 23.1. Just make sure you don't enable "Remove old versions" in the Creative Cloud app when installing 2

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modify all your Drop Down menu controls before you Solo Supported Properties and drag them to the Extended Graphics Panel. That is my workflow, and it seems to work just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Henri5CBF,

Thank you for reporting this issue. As far as I'm aware, this issue has been fixed for quite some time in more recent versions of After Effects. @DaciaSaenz might be able to provide more details.

If you're hesitant to update, remember that you can install new major versions without uninstalling your current version. In this case, you can keep 18.4.1 installed while you install 23.1. Just make sure you don't enable "Remove old versions" in the Creative Cloud app when installing 23.1.

Cheers,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate