Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export is streched.

Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps to reproduce:
    1. ... I have a very regular file  9x16 that I export daily as a .mov, via Ae's renderer.  

today's export was stretched and filled with green
Result: ...

Capture d’écran 2022-09-19 à 17.17.10.png
Expected: ...

Capture d’écran 2022-09-19 à 17.19.42.png
System info
    Application: After Effects (Beta) v22.6.0.11
    OS: macOS v12.5.1, RAM: 32,00 GB GB, CPUs (logical): 16

Bug Fixed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Hi @Franck Payen,

Thank you for reporting this issue. There is a fix for this issue available in the latest Beta versions and it will be included with the next release version of After Effects as well.

Since this bug was also in the release of After Effects, I've moved the report from the Beta forum to the After Effect forum.

Thanks again for reporting this issue and please let us know if find it is not fixed in the latest Beta builds.

- John, After Effects Engineering Team  

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Franck Payen,

Thank you for reporting this issue. There is a fix for this issue available in the latest Beta versions and it will be included with the next release version of After Effects as well.

Since this bug was also in the release of After Effects, I've moved the report from the Beta forum to the After Effect forum.

Thanks again for reporting this issue and please let us know if find it is not fixed in the latest Beta builds.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9x16 videos are coming out squashed.

I've restarted, re-installed, triple-checked square pixels, the whole sha-bang.

The only thing that works is reverting back to AE 2021.

Anyone else having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @carlgussert,

Thanks for reporting this issue. This is a known issue, with a fix currently available in the Beta builds and coming to the next release version of After Effects. If you are on an Apple M1/M2 system, you can also try disabling hardware acceleration for ProRes in the Output section of the Preferences, which avoids the issues in some cases.

This was reported previously as https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-bugs/export-is-streched/idi-p/13209255 so I will be merging this post with that one.

Thanks again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i experience this problem since nearly one year and it is really painful as i export lots of comps in different sizes, and AE doesn't like it.

Let me add some informations :

- exports works great whatever the size is, as long as exported comps have the SAME size. 

- problem occurs when you ask AE to export comps in different sizes at the same time.

- if you quit and relaunch AE and then export your comp, it will work.

For example il you have comps in 1080x1350 and comps in 1080x1080 and comps in 1080x1920, export all your comps in one size (1080x1350 for example), then quit AE and relaunch it and export comps from another size (1080x1080) and then quit AE ans relauch it and export in the last size (1080x1920)

very annoying, i will try the "disabling ProRes acceleration" tips

Another bug very annoying on Mac : if your computer goes to sleep and you wake it up, and AE is open, then when you export your comps that creates a file that can't be viewed or pre-viewed ... You have to throw it to the bin, quit AE, relaunch AE, and re-export your comp. And then it's OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue and the thing that finally fixed it (for now) is disabling the ProRes acceleration in Output settings. Looking forward to proper fix 👀

Votes

Translate

Translate