• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font changes from Open Sans to Helvetica while typing the letter L

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on an AE comp (v. 23.1.o Build 83 - Mac OS Monterey v 12.6). I created a new comp and some text layers and discovered when typing the word "PEOPLE", the letter L automatically shows up as lower case and when I try to type it UPPER case it changes the font to Helvetica. It only happens when using the Extra Bold font style. 

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this - it is intensely interesting to me because of recent work that I have been doing with fonts.

So far I have seen this internally somewhat randomly with OpenTypeVariable fonts exercised via scripting but it seems hard to image why that might be the only trigger.

Can you tell me what font (okay Open Sans) and font version and where you got it where you are seeing this?

Are you using faux (bold/italics/etc) settings?

Are you using small caps setting?

Anything else out of the ordinary to note? Any success in getting to go away? Fonts where it never happens? Only capitals?

Douglas Waterfall

After Effects Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per @Douglas_Waterfall's response, changing the thread status to Needs More Info.

-- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I have the same problem on Windows. The difference here is that "P" changes automatically from Open Sans Regular to Myriad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate