Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitch/blurry preview in After Effects 22.6 Windows

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I have problem with preview in After Effects 22.6.

I use Windows 10 Pro, 64GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz. I tried to down ground to 22.0 but everything was crashing. 

The problem is visible in the movie below. 

As you can see I have a blurry object and glitch effect/pixels when it is moving. I'm not sure what is going on and I didn't change any of my settings. 

Let me know what should I do or what to check. Thanks! 

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Hi @Monika5C9A,

Thanks for giving those steps a try. We've been able to reproduce this same issue and have opened a ticket to investigate further.

Does your Windows system have a discrete GPU e.g. a GPU that is separate from the CPU? If so, what model and driver version is the GPU using?

Thanks for any further info,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Monika5C9A,

Sorry to see you're experiencing this issue. In the recording you posted ( thank you for that! ), the glitching looks like a possible refresh issue in the displayed pixels. Two things that may help:

1. Try disabling "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage panels" in Edit > Preferences > Display.
  2. If the above helps, try updating your GPU drivers to the latest versions available.

Please let us know if either of the above helps to avoid display glitching during playback.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide, 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John for your answer. I did as you recommended. 
For me, it's very weird because this is the first time I have seen this. And also it looks a bit odd and not fluid even when I do simple steps like decreasing Opacity. All pixels are displayed. 

I think this is the fault of the newest version, I have to check on my laptop how it is working 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Monika5C9A,

Thanks for giving those steps a try. We've been able to reproduce this same issue and have opened a ticket to investigate further.

Does your Windows system have a discrete GPU e.g. a GPU that is separate from the CPU? If so, what model and driver version is the GPU using?

Thanks for any further info,

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Monika5C9A Could you try enabling VSync on the system where you are experiencing glitching, then restart After Effects and try previewing? On my system here with an Nvidia GPU, turning on VSync (aka Vertical sync) for After Effects fixed the glitching I saw that matched yours.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate