• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard reposition of layer not reflected in display

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to repeat this: two layers of cineon/DPX sequences, layer underneath is displayed while top layer doesn't begin for several frames. Select top layer, hit open bracket ([) to bring top layers' start point back to current frame.

We see the outline and center point display, but the image pixels are still from the lower layer, which should now be hidden by the top. Touch nothing, and this will remain for a good long while.

Tap Caps Lock twice, and the display is refreshed. Move the mouse/trackpad, and the display is refreshed. But if you brought the top layer back in order to A/B something, you'll need to incorporate a second step to get that displayed. "[" alone won't do it.

Mac OS 12.6.3, AE 23.2.1

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance , Troubleshooting , UI and UX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Hi @Josalo.com,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Do you find it only happening with certain DPX files, any DPX files, or any imported footage? I wasn't able to repro with some simple DPX files here, but there is likely another factor at play, possibly time-stretching/reversal as @Thaumar mentioned.

If the behavior is file-dependant, would you be able to share the files with us, or details about the file size, resolution, etc?

It sounds like the render isn't updating when the footage is moved

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds strange...

By any chance, are the layers time-stretched and/or time reversed in any way? Or have a different framerate then the comp framerate? This kind of behavior sometimes happens for me in these cases,  Unfortunately I am not sure why this is or how to fix/avoid it.
But if the framerate matches and there is no time-stretch then it could be a cache problem or a hardware acceleration problem, maybe? Sorry, not much help from me. I'm just curious...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Josalo.com,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Do you find it only happening with certain DPX files, any DPX files, or any imported footage? I wasn't able to repro with some simple DPX files here, but there is likely another factor at play, possibly time-stretching/reversal as @Thaumar mentioned.

If the behavior is file-dependant, would you be able to share the files with us, or details about the file size, resolution, etc?

It sounds like the render isn't updating when the footage is moved in time, which could involve several factors like the resolution of the comp, the intensity of the render, or the location of the footage files on disk.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate