• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut customization not working for Zoom In/Out (Application>View)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this problem occured since AE 2022, because around 2021 and prior, I have always been able to customize the keyboard shortccuts for Zoom in/out to keys 2 and 1. But since 2022, I haven't been able to do any customizations at all.

If I removed all its shortkeys and add back the defaults (such as , and .), it will also not work. So the only way for them to work right now is if they are derived from Default.txt untouched.

I tried customizing via the keyboard shortcuts text doc too but did nothing.

Any insight/fix would be greatly appreciated.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Hi @tammydesu and @Mel29928246yama,

Thank you for filing this bug. I have been able to reproduce the problem, and have filed a bug for the team to investigate.

Under the hood, the problem is that the modified keyboard shortcuts for the Zoom commands is not getting added to the correct section of the keyboard shortcuts file.

This is something you can correct manually until the bug is fixed:

1.  Open the After Effects preferences folder. In After Effects 23.4, choose Preferences > Startup & Re
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

There is an issue with the zoom commands depending upon which panel you have selected. I believe we are in the process of fixing that and the fix should go out to AE Beta builds this week. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump, I'm having the same issue too, and it has slowed down my work process significantly. I will have to install the 2021 version instead until this issue gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tammydesu and @Mel29928246yama,

Thank you for filing this bug. I have been able to reproduce the problem, and have filed a bug for the team to investigate.

Under the hood, the problem is that the modified keyboard shortcuts for the Zoom commands is not getting added to the correct section of the keyboard shortcuts file.

This is something you can correct manually until the bug is fixed:

1.  Open the After Effects preferences folder. In After Effects 23.4, choose Preferences > Startup & Repair, then click Reveal Preferences in Finder/Explorer.
  2. Open the aeks folder in the preferences folder. This folder contains the keyboard shortcut configuration files, After Effects Default.txt and any of your custom keyboard configurations.
  3. Open the file for your keyboard shortcut configuration in a text editor, like Notepad or TextEdit.
  4. Search for the section "CPanoProjItem".
  5. In this section modify "ZoomIn" and "ZoomOut" to include the shortcuts you want to use. For example, if you want the Zoom In shortcut to include the 1 key, change the line to "ZoomIn" = "(1)(Cmd+Option+=)". (This example includes the Mac default shortcut of Cmd+Opt+=.)
  6. Save the file and close the text editor.
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with some Shortcuts in After Effects and hope someone can help me. I've been using the same Zoom in and Zoom Out Shortcuts for a long time, but since a few months the Zoom in stopped working. I use Cmd + + to Zoom in and Cmd + - to Zoom out. The Zoom out Shortcut works fine, it seems to be only a Problem of the Zoom in Shortcut (Cmd + +) I work on a Mac Pro 2021 and use the last version of After Effects. I've already tried the following but nothing helped:

-Delete Cache
-Set Keyboard Language to Englisch or German (Im based in Germany) 
-Assign the Zoom in to anohter Key
-Set the , and . for Zoom in and out 

I'll be forever thankfull if someone can help me out here

Thanks a lot in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue with the zoom commands depending upon which panel you have selected. I believe we are in the process of fixing that and the fix should go out to AE Beta builds this week. 

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool, thanks a lot for the quick reply @jenkmeisterLooking forward to the fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate