• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low memory warning in After Effects 23.3 (2023). Only rendering 5 frames with ram preview on iMac M1

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue:

Temporaitly, I am working on an M1 iMac (my previous setup is a 2017 iMac). No matter what I do, I can only get After Effects 2023 (version 23.3.0) to ram preview 5 frames on my M1 iMac (using OS Ventura 13.3.1).

Attemps to solve the issue (that did not work):

-Lowered the preview resolution to quarter.

-Lowered preview resulution to render every 10 pixels.
-Lowered preview resolution to render every 99 pixels.
-Changed resolution of comp to 540 x 540
-Removed EVERYTHING from the comp except a solid color layer.
-Imported my existing AE project into a new AE project.

Additional info:

-No third party plugins

-AE 2023 was freshly installed on machine

-Absolutely NO ISSUES have come up while working on my old iMac. The issues only occured the moment I started using the iMac M1.

Summary:

It seems I am not the only one with this issue as I have seen many posts about this as well and many replies assuring users the problem has been fixed.

The problem has not been fixed.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance , UI and UX , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

SOLVED:

I downgraded to After Effects 2022 (Version 22.6.0) and the project will ram preview more than 5 frames! I can FINALLY continue working again!!!!

As I am only working on this M1 machine temporairly, I am considering my issue to be solved for me. My client isn't looking for me to endlessly troubleshoot this issue on their dime so I am moving on and getting back to work.

Good luck to everyone using the M1 iMac full time because AE 2023 just isn't working!

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED:

I downgraded to After Effects 2022 (Version 22.6.0) and the project will ram preview more than 5 frames! I can FINALLY continue working again!!!!

As I am only working on this M1 machine temporairly, I am considering my issue to be solved for me. My client isn't looking for me to endlessly troubleshoot this issue on their dime so I am moving on and getting back to work.

Good luck to everyone using the M1 iMac full time because AE 2023 just isn't working!

Votes

Translate

Translate