• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Studio M1 + Ventura horrible stuttering playback.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC Studio, M1, Ventura 13.0.1, 64 GB

My experience with After Effectssince upgrading to the Mac Studio has been horrendous. For several months I was unable to work because of the 5 frame playback glitch, countless bugs and memory errors. I was so relieved with the last update, playback seemed to be working just fine. That was until I updated the Mac OS to Ventura. 

I am doing some greenscreen work and had to download some mp4s for backdrops, the first and most noticable issue is that the backgrounds are seemingly jumping to random frames, constantly lagging and cutting to black. I assumed this was a codec issue with the mp4s so I converted them to MOVs. No luck, playback is just as bad and choppy. 

On top of the playback speed is seemlingly a fraction of what it used to be, Making it incredibly difficult to get any work done.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Hi @jaredw5904371,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Are you still experiencing this stuttering playback in the latest 23.1 version of After Effects?

We haven't had broad reports of this type of playback stuttering and we haven't been able to reproduce it on the Ventura test systems we have in-house. Would you be able to share a full-screen recording of the stuttering playback in action? A project with media that shows the issue would be helpful as well as we try to reproduce and diagnose th

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jaredw5904371,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Are you still experiencing this stuttering playback in the latest 23.1 version of After Effects?

We haven't had broad reports of this type of playback stuttering and we haven't been able to reproduce it on the Ventura test systems we have in-house. Would you be able to share a full-screen recording of the stuttering playback in action? A project with media that shows the issue would be helpful as well as we try to reproduce and diagnose the issue.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate