• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maximum Disk cache not clearing itself.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since installing AE 22.6 the disck cache no longer clears itself, when it gets to the "Maximum Disk Cache Size" set in preferences (which is 84gigs).  Has anyone run into this.  I've only recently jumped from AE2020 to AE 2022 and this has only become a problem since 22.6.  I'll set a render to run over night which will crash cause it's filling up my HD with 200gigs in cache.  

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Hi @smdonnel,

Thank you for reporting this issue. In 22.6, there is an issue with memory involving integrated GPUs that may lead to a lot of paging (using hard drive space as additional RAM ), which might be what you're experiencing. What are your system specs and do you have an integrated GPU?

This issue is fixed in the latest Beta builds, so please give those builds a try and let us know if you still experience this issue.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @smdonnel,

Thank you for reporting this issue. In 22.6, there is an issue with memory involving integrated GPUs that may lead to a lot of paging (using hard drive space as additional RAM ), which might be what you're experiencing. What are your system specs and do you have an integrated GPU?

This issue is fixed in the latest Beta builds, so please give those builds a try and let us know if you still experience this issue.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide, 

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Windows 11, I've also had this issue - I was trying to work out where my disk was filling up, and it had over 1TB in disk cache files. One of the annoying things about the Settings page is that it has a one-size-fits-all approach, in that using it to manage cache cleanup means you don't get to select a subset of the cache to clear... The Maximum was 404GB, but I'm guessing with all of these version (?) folders, it treats each one as distinct to whichever version is running and doesn't try to resolve older ones. In my view, this is a poor experience - it should be aware that it's upgraded, and either migrate cached material across, or treat older folders as part of the total, and perhaps give them priority for deletion. Also  consider that on Windows this is in the /Users/xyz/AppData/etc folders, which for many users is hidden. It's also not presented by Windows disk usage as a discrete temporary file location, so it takes a bit of digging to work out where the mystery disk usage has occurred. 

sashaa476327_0-1696609401935.png

Votes

Translate

Translate