• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My footage look darker in Ae ( default setting Rec-709A 1-1-1 )

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

705505Good afternoon. I have different color in AE viewport and in macOS environment. Or did AE stop understanding the (1-1-1) tag when importing and exporting?
The situation is as follows, I have an old iMac Late 2012 with an external Dell U2719D monitor, it has mojave 10.14.6 and AE 2021 (18.4.1) installed. Projects always had Woking Color Space - None, and when outputting video in 422HQ codec, always had the tag (1-1-1). Accordingly, what I saw in the AE viewport always matched what I see in QT, Yotube, iPhone…
Now I bought myself a new MBP 16 M1Pro, Monterey 12.6.3 and am using AE 23.2.0. If I work as before, Woking Color Space - None, then my picture is different from the MacOs environment. At first I thought it was because my MBP16 has a wider color gamut, but I checked with an external Dell U2719D monitor, same thing.
I tried to change the project color to HD709-A, enabled interpret footage HD709-A, also enabled use display color managment HD709-A. But then I experience various difficulties, firstly in the workflow, I am not always sure that HD709 -A is on, and it's time consuming to turn on all these emulations, and I also have problems with the Content Aware Fill tool, since the fills are created in a different gamut, they are darker.
I understand that Adobe has changed a lot with color management since AE 2021 (18.4.1), is it possible to somehow get the same workflow? use Woking Color Space - None, and see the same thing in the AE viewport and in the macOS environment? Please excuse my english.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Hi @BTim,

Thank you for reporting this issue, and for your patience with our response. Would you be able to share a screenshot of the differences you are seeing? Sometimes these differences are due to how various player apps (QT player, VLC, etc) handle color management, but we need an example in order to see how you're viewing the rendered footage.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @BTim,

Thank you for reporting this issue, and for your patience with our response. Would you be able to share a screenshot of the differences you are seeing? Sometimes these differences are due to how various player apps (QT player, VLC, etc) handle color management, but we need an example in order to see how you're viewing the rendered footage.

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate