• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixellated logo in After Effect

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client gave me a video .mov to add in a After Effect comp. There is a logo integrated in the video. When I open the video in QuickTime or photoshop, everithing looks fine. Whene I import the video in After Effect or Première Pro, the logo is super pixellated but only the logo. The rest of the image is clean. Any Idea ?

Thanks !

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info on your system, your version of AE, screenshots etc. nobody can tell you much. Sorry, but that's useless to even guess.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If a rendered video shows as pixellated while everything else looks good, that usually means that the source video is scaled above 100%.

Check the Scale value of the source footage item in the Composition or the Sequence.

We can usually scale up to 105% to 110% before pixellation. If scaling rendered video between 110% to 200% and the source cannot be replaced with a higher frame size version of the logo animation, I'd use Effects > Detail-preserving Upscale in After Effects to increase the Scale. It's meant specifically to increase raster-based source footage up to 200%. If scaling rendered video above 200% and the source cannot be replaced with a higher frame size version of the logo animation, I'd use Topaz Labs Video AI to up-scale the source outside of After Effects or Premiere Pro and then replace the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate