• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview through mercury transmit to second monitor not working

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesnt work at all 9/10 times, and when it does start working it goes away after a few minutes.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, William.  Can you provide some more details about your setup?  Are you using a 3rd party device (like from AJA, Blackmagic, Avid...) to send video out via Transmit?  Or to a secondary/tertiary... monitor connected to your graphics card?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a 2021 Macbook Pro 16 inch, connected to a USB C monitor via USB C, using the larger external monitor as the main display and the macbook display as my video preview. weirdly today it has been working, though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it should stop working again for you, the first thing that comes to mind is to check to see whether part of the application's UI might be spilling over onto the secondary monitor.  If the UI on the big monitor bleeds over onto the secondary monitor, that can interfere with Transmit functionality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a 2021 16in MacBook Pro with the M1 Max processor. It's connected to a USB-C monitor, which is my main display, so that's where I have my timelines and everything. I have the MacBook display as secondary and that's what I have as my preview display. It works without issue in Premiere, but almost never works with AE. The only way I can get it to work is by resetting preferences to default, but then I lose all customization and saved workspace. And then it stops working when I open a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi William Jauregui, 

Moving it to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines