• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem reading large numbers in MGJSON file

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I regularly work with data files in Adobe's MGJSON format. I have detected a problem where large numbers are constrained to a lower limit in certain situations. Take this minimal file example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2pocu067skwgx6/mgjson.mgjson?dl=0

(by the way, shouldn't this forum accept uploading MGJSON files?)

Any large data values are constrained to 32768 or less. You would think this is just the largest number AE can read, but if we tweak the data outline and define a slightly different legal range, the values are read correctly:
- Changing the minimum legal value to 0 fixes the issue
- Adding a decimal point and a zero to the min and max legal values also fixes it

I'm not sure why AE needs to know the min and max values. I was just using the max value that can be repredented in a JSON file, but from now on I thin I will use the min and max occuring values to try and avoid this bug.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Int vs. float and how you map those 32000 int values. Not really something out of the ordinary.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But these are still JSON files, where generally 100.0 and 100 are the same number

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean, whether the contained data has decimals is expressed in a different part of the data outline: digitsInteger and digitsDecimal. The range values should not convey that, but the highest and lowest possible values, the way I see it. Otherwise, let us express the legal and occuring min and max as strings, just like the values themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate