• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAM Preview not real time on MacBook Pro M1 Max

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently having to use After Effects 2021 instead of 2022 because 2022 will not RAM preview in real time. I'm running a brand spankin' new 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max with 64GB Unified Memory & 4TB of space. The system is screaming fast so this AE issue is evidently a bug. Please fix as soon as possible Adobe because AE 2022 looks amazing and I'm dying to dive in.
Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Hi all,

Thank you for reporting these issues. Based on your feedback, the new release of After Effects 2023 (version 23.0) includes major improvements to memory handling on M1/M2 Macs and other systems with integrated GPUs. If you were experiencing low memory warnings or shortened previews in AE 22.5 or 22.6, please update to the latest version.

If you continue to see low memory warnings in AE 23.0, make sure to update any third-party plug-ins to their latest version. We are aware of several R

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
54 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohnColombo I just completed a 3 minute After Effects 2023 timeline and it worked fantastic on my M1 Max!  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, unfortunately this issue still happens, it is just not as frequent as before, so it's still buggy. Why not have an parallel team at Adobe to rebuild After Effects from the ground up, that would solve so many issues and would make it more stable and able to actually use the full CPU and GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have gone back to using AE 2021 as 2022 and 2023 versions are unworkable on my M1 Macbook? RAM preview only allows less than a second to preview. I've purged my cache, rebooted my computer and the issue still persists. Please can I have a discount on my subscription as I am using old software? I am not using any plugins when this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. Very disappointed. What confuses me is that the Beta version works perfectly fine - which is what I've been using instead. Still not ideal because things like roundtripping from premiere doesn't work. I wish they'd rebuild their apps from the ground up - or at least have a team doing that in tandem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate