• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotobrush error

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a problem with Rotobrush tool.  I used it on a clip, freezed the result and everything was good, until one moment without a reason it stopped working. There was no error message or anything, The layer just displayed as original regardless of the applied effect. I tried to unfreeze the propogation, but this button is no longer clickable (I attached the screenshot). All the foreground and background strokes remained. 

I also tried to copy this effect to duplicated layer, but it produces quite a different result and still requires a lot of refining work. The shot is hard and long and I don't really want to do most of the work again. 

I would be really glad if anyone could help me with this issue

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Compositing and VFX , Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this:

• Trim your video to include only the frames that will be in the final edit
  • Create a new comp that only contains the trimmed footage and name it Rotobrush
  • Pre-compose the trimmed footage layer moving all attributes and setting the comp to the length of the time span of the trimmed layer
  • Open the Rotobrush comp in the Layer Panel and run Rotobrush, then freeze and make the adjustments you need to make in the Effects Control Panel and Freeze Rotobrush
  • If the Rotobrush takes longer than a few minutes, use the Composition menu to Pre-render the Rotobrush comp

With only one layer with Rotobrush applied in a comp and the footage trimmed and pre-composed, Rotobrush will have more access to system resources. You have a better chance of having a problem-free workflow. Rendering using the Composition/Pre-render menu will replace any instances of the Rotobrush comp in the project with a production master video that has an alpha channel. You can then delete the original Rotobrush comp, reduce the Project File size, and have everything you need to complete the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate