• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

seems like MFR is sort of broken...

Participant ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I set up a render queue with about a hundred comps that are basically the same (a 1m30s text animation, the actual text is only thing difference between the comps). First 50 took about 4 to 5 minutes per comp to render, then it suddenly went up, now taking over 50 minutes for the same kind of comp. There is a green part in the renderbar and the render is still progressing (sometimes showing a lightgreen part in the bar), but checking the info it says 'Concurrent frames rendering: 0 '. This seems incorrect. 

So my guess is that MFR is where it broke down somehow. But maybe it's something else, I don't know.
Anyway, it's now much slower then rendering without MFR (it will render a comp in just under 10 minutes without MFR), defeating the purpose of MFR.

At least for now using MFR on a render queue seems unreliable.

I'm running AE 24.1.0 on a M2 Ultra Mac Studio, 128GB RAM, macOS 13.6.3.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Performance , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Likely a situation where the memory has become exhausted and we've found on the M2/M3 machines, the OS is much less forgiving about recycling memory. That said, we've made some improvements in the current 24.2 beta so you could try installing that and then see if the problem continues. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Likely a situation where the memory has become exhausted and we've found on the M2/M3 machines, the OS is much less forgiving about recycling memory. That said, we've made some improvements in the current 24.2 beta so you could try installing that and then see if the problem continues. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate