• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuttering and non-existent audio playback in previews

Participant ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio during preview in a particular project stutters a bit, and then completely stops. This issue has happened before for me, and restarting seems to fix it, but then I find myself having to do it over and over.I have read a number of posts on this topic, but none of the advice I have seen applies or helps. 

Audio works fine elsewhere on my machine. I have adjusted cache and preview settings as well as cleared cache. I have reloaded the audio track. My Windows machine has sufficient power and RAM to handle this as well as SSDs.

DavidacrossAmerica_0-1675798226641.png

Not sure what else to do. It's severely affecting my workflow.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot of the project. Using a camera as you see, several PSD files, a precomp which has some AI files in it, and a wave file.

DavidacrossAmerica_0-1675799153358.png

I also turned off all effects to see if it helped with memory usage. Even with this, I have the problem:

DavidacrossAmerica_0-1675799846623.png

(and if anyone can shed light on why Teams is showing here, please do. It is not a startup app and is not currently running as confirmed in my task list).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably "blackholing" due to too much RAM and one of the audio components not being able to handle it. An excursion to your device manager and doing a right-click to "Check for new and updated drivers" could be a solution as could be comletele removing those drivers and letting them reinstall after booting into safe mode. Also check your Printers & Devices panel. Windows is terrible at cleaning up and a device like a Bluetooth headset that you don't even have anymore could be lingering there and mess up things.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All drivers are up to date, and there are no extraneous devices. I have some doubts about my graphics card working well with AE, but I don't know if that could be related or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate