• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird behaviour after importing project. Comp window won't refresh, dialog box errors.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, late last week I updated After Effects to version 24 and immediately started acting up. When importing an .aep into a working project, it gives the error "An Internal Asset Numbering Conflict has ocurred", at first it seems harmless but then you realize it messed some comps badly, comps that weren't even open. It shifts layers to the [0,0] origin of the comp which requires manually putting them in the correct place. I thought maybe AE conflicted when importing projects that have assets, solids and nulls with the same names so I went and renamed all solids and nulls in that project I needed to import but it didn't solve the problem. Again it messed up my comps exactly as before.  Some other error messages I'm getting are "Strange situation 26::82" and "invalid text layer" - or something in that regard -.  
I need to get this fixed soon, I can't work like this. I'm losing work done since I can't import it in main project. I downgraded my project and opened in AE 23 but it behaved exactly the same. 

I'm on Mac Sonoma 14.0
After Effects 24.0.2 (build 3)

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealing with this on a daily basis I got to realize that the issue may be related to a corrupted solids folder. When attempting organizing things inside a project I would move solids and nulls from imported projects into the main project's solids folder, After Effects crashed every time I tried it. I created a new folder moved all content from the original Solids folder to the new one and assigned it as the default folder for solids and nulls, since then I haven't had a crash or other weird behavior as explained above. I can't say I have tested extensively thou. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another update, I just imported a project into my project and it gave me the same "Internal asset numbering conflict" error and subsequently froze the comp window, failing to refresh again too. I tried renaming the Solids folder in the project I wanted to import before I imported it and still produced the same error and associated behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate