• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With the new upgrade Expressions doesn't work and spit out } curly brace instead of comma.

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this happens to you. 

var num=parseInt(effect("Angle Control")("Angle"));
num.toLocaleString("en-GB");

I tried these expressions in an old version AE 2020 it worked fine. But when I tried it in AE 2023 it is spitting out } this curly brace instead of comma. Screenshot 2022-11-11 071056.png

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Compositing and VFX , Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Hi @Janel270731500tlp,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I'm also not able to see the curly brace instead of the comma. Would you be able to share your project file?

Also, what language is your OS running in? Is After Effects installed using that same language?

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me in AE 2023--I get a comma, as expected. Does it make a difference which font you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn''t work for me, I tried using different fonts but still does the same. I tried it in different computers, one with intel based laptop and the other with Ryzen processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What language are you actually on? What is your default delimiter set in the system preferences? Anything else you can tell us?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Janel270731500tlp,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I'm also not able to see the curly brace instead of the comma. Would you be able to share your project file?

Also, what language is your OS running in? Is After Effects installed using that same language?

Thanks for reporting this issue and for any further information you can provide,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate