• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D camera tracker absolutely never works

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I'm trying to do is add 3d text onto the end of a sequence, sitting in a trail but as usual, the 3D camera tracker is unable to solve the analysis. It makes me so livid to see that someone can track footage across an entire city but I can't put two 3D letters or a 3D logo on a trail with no camera variables, no movement in the shot, and no cuts in the sequence. Shouldn't need an act of congress to make it happen either. Someone PLEASE make this make sense before I download Nuke and cancel my Adobe subscription.

(Footage included)

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I can't even include the footage because it exceeds 47mb. lol Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us screenshots or upload the footage to an external storage sharing service like Google Drive or use YouTube. Outside that of course proper info on your project, comp settings, your system and so on will be relevant.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a shot "on a trail with no camera variables, no movement in the shot," then you don't need camera tracking. You need motion tracking. Mocha AE or even the After Effects feature tracker should be sufficient.

It would help if we could see the shot. Transcode it to an MP4 to share it,  or at least show us the starting and ending frames, so we have some idea of what is going on in the shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines