• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d Camera Tracker Error 'unable to obtain dynamiclink server connection' (After Effects 23.x)

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3d Camera Tracker Error 'unable to obtain dynamiclink server connection'. I have re-installed and updated to the latest release. Please note I do not use dynamic link ever! 2017 Imac Monterey Vers 12.6 64GB Ram, Radeon Pro 580 8 GB. Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. My productivity vs cost of Adobe subscription has been seriously compromised this year. Rich.

Title edited by Mod. to include After Effects version

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Hi everyone, I had a meeting today with Sean and Jamie from Adobe. They had me enable logging, and run the tracker again. This time after my crash and "unable to to obtain dynamiclink server connection" error, we saw that a .dll in my MediaCore folder from 3rd party developer KeenTools had caused the crash. I uninstalled the plugin, wiped the KeenTools folder, and my problem was solved! 

This was after uninstalling adobe, running the cleaner tool, launching in safe mode, etc. Somehow the plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Hi, had the same problem with the last versions of AE (and AE Beta) with warp stabilizer, I updated mac OS and when started up again in AE, the problem was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, pity. Nevertheless I can still contact Adobe, who knows. And we received word form Nishu, so their attention on this issue is back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Devs are aware of this issue and working on a fix. As of now, there is no workaround.

I'll share an update as soon as there's any development.

Thanks for your patience,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to know, thanks Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevertheless, a new release of After Effects yesterday, 23.3; installed it full of hope but yet, still the same error.

It is becoming pretty much problematic in the mean time.

Version 37.8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, still the frickin' same. No updates, no news, nothing. We're left here to rot I think.

Worst thing is that the issue is probably based on a combination of causes. Adobe changed something, but Windows and MacOs keep making changes in the name of security. This has to be a security issue. On a newer laptop I have the camera tracker simply works. But it must be possible for Adobe by just simply testing which software component is blocking the dynamic link server. How hard can that be, for the ones who write the software itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Try contacting adobe via chat. They should give You the specific instructions for clean adobe all apps reinstall and also cleaning some data through the terminal. This is what I did before, chating with somebody from adobe lead me to get the specific instructions from them. Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11th May and no solution yet... Unbelievable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, have the same problem and still not have the solution. Waiting too much for the updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu, we're two and a half months further with this issue and several updates were launched but not offering any solution. Looks like we're being set aside here and forgotten.

Please show up with some good news, it's becoming a drag now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Really sorry for the delay in response.

This issue has been filed as a bug. Devs are actively investigating the issue, but unfortunately, reproducing it has proven challenging thus far. The error shown is very generic and doesn't provide much insight into the underlying cause. We're trying to collect as much information as we can to assist the engineers to get to the root.

We may reach out to some of you in DMs to get some insights.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.....well, apparently you guys are still working on it, as the problem is NOT yet solved.... Today it's May 25.....

Any news you can give us? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lewiz and Vicente for bringing light to this issue. Still in the same boat here. I've tracked it down to being the Adobe Analysis Server being unable to communicate with After FX. Would love some updates from Adobe. 

I have tried every troubleshooting step listed in this thread, short of reinstalling Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all possible options you guys kindly offered (in absence of a proper real solution from Adobe people...). Sadly none worked : I tried older AE versions, I wiped all with Adobe CC Cleaner, I reinstalled from scratch, I gave permissions to AE. Same result... still unable tu use anything connected to dynamic link... I wonder why at Adobe they can't find a solution THAT WORKS....

I'm on a M1 Mac, Ventura 13.4. This bug is really compromising my work, as I'm unable tu use the stabilizer, the camera tracker etc... 

dynamiclink server connection.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all possible options. Sadly none worked : I tried older AE versions, I wiped all with Adobe CC Cleaner, I reinstalled from scratch, I gave permissions to AE. Same result... still unable tu use anything connected to dynamic link... I wonder why you guys can't find a solution that WORKS. 

I'm on a M1 Mac, Ventura 13.4. This bug is really compromising my work, as I'm unable tu use the stabilizer, the camera tracker etc... Please ADOBE find a solution, or at least keep us informed, as I seem not to be the only person experiencing this problem (I see dozens on threads on this Dynamic link bug).dynamiclink server connection.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@martinirosso Hi. Sorry to hear that. I've been there. But for real, I went to adobe cc website and I started chating with an agent and then after several tries with reinstalling, logging out, different ae beta versions installations etc. They contacted me directly through email and I received specific instructions that worked! Try that, seriously. They'll provide You specific instructions to implement into terminal and it will work. It is a very long and not simple solution but since I did it my dynamic link has no errors at all. Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you were luckier than me, 'cause I had two Adobe tech guys online who took control of my Mac remotely and, after it all failed, they simply disconnected the chat... Would you believe that? For a professional and paying service like Adobe Cloud...? Any chance you can share the instructions they sent you? This might help all those who have the same Dinamic Link issues. Thanks, have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try to copy and paste here whateever adobe team sent me, but unfortunetely this adobe community regulations blocked it and got it earased... It is a certain list of files/logs that need to be removed from Your hard drive etc. The list is pretty long. I think You have to really push them to finally get that list via email. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks anyway Bart! I finally ended up asking help from Adobe and they did solve my problem online remotely on my Mac.

In my case, the thing that was missing was trashing MediaCore from Adobe Common. Then it all worked again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bart Trojan 

I'm dealing with same issue since weeks. I have tried everything I could.

Can you push instructions onto my email? I would be really grateful:   Mathias.Hofmeister @ tutanota.com (remove blank spaces around @ )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I would try when you get the "unable to obtain..." warning would be to open the Creative Cloud app, go to the Apps page, click on the three dots to the right of the Open button for After Effects, and roll back your installed version of AE to a previous version. This will take about three minutes if you have a good internet connection. 

If that works, you're all set, and you can update AE after you finish the problem project. 

If that does not work, you'll need to do some more digging. You may have a conflicting app running in the background, your version of AE and Premiere Pro or even Audition may not match, or there may be other issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rick, as I stated some months ago, one cannot roll back further than the AE 22.x grades. And rolling back to that doesn't solve the problem. Also Premiere and AE have matching versions. It is really about some probably security-related thing that is giving trouble. A hard nut to crack as I understand from Nishu Kush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even tried reinstalling whole system, still nothing!

Adobe AE 23.4 (Build 53)

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 19044.3031

32GB ram 

"unable to obtain dynamiclink server connection"

I have no idea where problem is but it worked fine... back in time... at same computer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I even went as far as installing trial versions dated years ago

Same issue all over since AE 2015,17,19,22,23

Everything works fine beside Wrap And Camera Tracker...

I can process same video on another computer (and it works fine there!), then import project at workstation so no need to do camera tracking anymore. ...but oh please is this even real?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Progress:

It works fine on very same machine, inside Virtualbox virtualized environment

Clean Windows install with nothing changed beside Adobe After Effects installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines