3d camera tracker in after effects

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, i have a noob question. when i track a footage and it completes. i have all the points and i'm able to place a null/solid/text. but when i leave that layer that is tracked and then come back to it to place a new object. it starts to re-analize again. how do it get it to only analize it once. i'm currently using the latest version of AE 2022. i'm not sure if i'm missing a setting. but i see a lot of people only tracking it once, and they go back to the layer with the 3d camera and scroll and pick another "dot" to use and don't have to analize each time they choose that layer. hope my question makes sense. and any information i would truly appreciate it.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific info about your project, the footage you are using, tracker settings, your computer and so on nobody can tell you much. This is certainly not the intended behavior, but without more details nobody can even guess. From the interanl caches acting up to hardware acceleration problems this really could be anything.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply. i posted a quick 2 min video on youtube to show what i'm talking about. there you can see my settings, i been having this problem since i started doing after effects 3 years ago. with any version i have.  
link to video is :   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPqQ0Cr_FMk  
i would appreciate any information. no one seems to know. perhaps there is a setting i have to enable/disable. but so far i can't figure it out. i hope anyone can help me with this. regarding you asking about the specs of my pc, the specs are good. i don't think that is the problem but if you must know here they are.

System: Intel Core i7-9700F 8-Core 3.0GHz (4.70 GHz Max Turbo) | 64GB DDR4-2666 RAM | 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD|
1TB HDD | 240GB SSD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Processor: 3 GHz Intel Core i7

RAM: 64GB DDR4

Hard Drive: 1 TB Mechanical Hard Drive

Graphics Coprocessor: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB

Graphics Card Ram Size: 6GB

Processor Brand: Intel

Processor Count 8 Computer Memory Type: DDR3

SDRAM Flash Memory Size: 240.00GB | 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD |

Hard Drive Interface: Serial ATA

Hard Drive Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM

External Memory: 2TB SSD

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is essentially not a 3D trackable shot, at least not in the AE realm and not without any static markers. I'm surprised it even solves at all, but that's likely a fluke. It starts over and over again because of course the patterns change all the time, even if just a single leaf is swaying in the wind and that invalidates the existing solve. You could potentially track individual segments and stitch together the resulting cameras, but more or less this is something way beyond AE. I would imagine that you could salvage it with manual tracker placement in SynthEyes or mocha, though, so at least give the latter a try and see if mochaAE is able to generate a stable ground plane for you. Otherwise this is really a case where you may need to plan a reshoot and place soem persistent red crosses on sticks throughout the scene for reference.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines