• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Camera Tracker "timed out obtaining dynamiclink server connection."

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've switched to After Effects CC 2018 I've not been able to use the 3D camera tracker. I've looked around and couldn't find an answer and was wondering how to fix this or if anyone else has had the same issue.

Here's a screen grab:

Timed Out.PNG

I've tried uninstalling and using the CC Cleaner Tool but it still doesn't work. Any help on how to fix this would be most appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eli Sawicki,

Please see this blog post and go through the steps to troubleshoot your dynamic link issues, likely related to permissions. If that does not work for you, report back.https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/permissions-mac-os-start-adobe-applications/

fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried all these steps, changed permissions, turned Firewall off, set Little Snitch to allow everything and I'm still getting the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how I solved the problem. Close AE, then enter the Task Manager, there shut down all programs and background processes related to any Adobe program. Then re-enter AE and it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked for me! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so I tried this, I shut everything down including everything with adobe or creative cloud references.  Now, AE won't load at all.  I get the title screen for a moment, it says initilizing, then it goes away and nothing ever loads.  Did I close too much? lol.  Is something else going on?  

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TracyReneeB

If the splash screen goes away without giving any error messages, it could be an activation issue on your machine. Please log out from the CC desktop app, restart your machine, and log back in. Launch After Effects from the CC app for the first time after the restart. 

If that doesn't help, we need more information to help you: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking... - Adobe Support Community - 3928960

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I back to version 23.0 and then it work. Let's try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has no errors at all, it's just that you respond with a message that when running the program for too long,
it will show "timed out of acquiring dynamiclink server connection".
Check the windows that pop up from the software and turn it off, it will work right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too, I haven't figured it out yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines