• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D extrude with perspective

Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I manage to create this "effect" in Illustrator. What I don't manage to do in After Effects is to add perspective to the extrusion and get the gradient shadings in the shadows/black area. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 18.33.20.pngScreenshot 2022-11-04 at 18.33.54.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add an actual light to the composition and tweak the material properties of the extrusion. No different than AI. The only caveat may be that your black needs to be a very dark grey since the C4D renderer tends to "swallow" dark colors and they look flat just like AE' standard renderer.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you didn't label the two images to clarify which is which, I'm assuming the top one is what you're trying to achieve?

In terms of getting that perspective, I'd suggest adding a camera to your scene, and try adjusting the focal length (something like 15mm or less might be right for this extreme perspective). You may need to play around with the camera positioning, extrusion depth, etc. until you get it right. 

As Mylenium mentioned, you'll probably want to add a few lights to your scene to generate the shading, and explore the Material Options until you get the look you're after. 

Let us know if you need more guidance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines