Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Motion Tracker Not Tracking

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

I've been having an issue trying to track a short video using the 3D camera tracker in after FX. Screen recording above shows the issue. After the clip has been analysed the track points show up but they don't actually track with the clip so of course when I add text etc it remains static. Hopefully I'm doing something really stupid and have missed an obviouse step but have tried multipe clips and having the same issue and can't figure it out why! Any support is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Herbie 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

There are all kinds of objects (chords, knobs) in the shot that is not on a single plane. This can easily foul up Camera Tracker.

I would try creating an animated mask on the shot that only includes the surface of the mixer boards, add some color correction to improve contrast, maybe add sharpening, then pre-compose and run Camera Tracker. When the track is complete make sure you only select track points that are on the same plane, set an origin and ground plane, then add a solid and a camera

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, clearly that's not a tripod pan nor a fixed FOV. You need to actually adjust the settings to help the tracker along. Also all that colorful blinking might not help and the shot is terribly short. So if it's an option, redo it slower and with the bling-bling turned off. You can always speed it up later. Tracking is 50% preparation and correct shot setup...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are all kinds of objects (chords, knobs) in the shot that is not on a single plane. This can easily foul up Camera Tracker.

I would try creating an animated mask on the shot that only includes the surface of the mixer boards, add some color correction to improve contrast, maybe add sharpening, then pre-compose and run Camera Tracker. When the track is complete make sure you only select track points that are on the same plane, set an origin and ground plane, then add a solid and a camera to verify that the camera track is good. I use the mask and color correct workflow all the time when I am using Camera Tracker.

RickGerard_0-1646845403754.png

If that does not work check your AE Version and make sure it is up-to-date. I'm seeing no bugs in the latest builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers Rick that worked for me, thanks so much for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines