• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Object Importing Is Now In Beta - Anyone Know When This Will Be Finalized ?

Contributor ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many of you know, things are getting exciting with AE's ability to import and actually use 3D models

for the first time, it's currently in beta. Anyone know when the final touches and polishing will be done and this will be available as a general release ?  ( I've been dabling with Adobe 3D Stager ) and it's very limited at the moment, so having 3D object animation in AE is very exciting.  Thanks for any news, info, and guesstimates !

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Nope, nobody knows, and anyone who does know (the AE team) won't be talking. This featureset is in such early development that I suspect it won't be coming out for some time. NAB is in April, although that feels a little too close to now, so there's always Adobe MAX in the Fall. This is a really big feature and has a lot to go before it's truly useful in a production environment. I agree that it's pretty exciting to see this being worked on and it'll be fun to watch the development progress. 

He

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

You're welcome, David! I actually have some timely news for you about this feature. Just yesterday this featureset got a pretty nice update, check out the post from the AE team here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-beta-discussions/feature-focus-extract-cameras-and-lights-from-3d-models/m-p/13648084#M2778

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, nobody knows, and anyone who does know (the AE team) won't be talking. This featureset is in such early development that I suspect it won't be coming out for some time. NAB is in April, although that feels a little too close to now, so there's always Adobe MAX in the Fall. This is a really big feature and has a lot to go before it's truly useful in a production environment. I agree that it's pretty exciting to see this being worked on and it'll be fun to watch the development progress. 

Heck, look at the Properties panel; it's incredibly useful right now, and I use it every day; but it's been in beta since last December, and it keeps getting more useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David,

I just got an email from Adobe asking if your reply helped me.... I didn't even know you had made a reply until now, for some reason I never got the email alert that you HAD replied, so thank you for that.  It's good to know, thanks for letting me and others know, and thanks for your elaborate reply I appreciated you taking the time ! Thank you ! 🙂  I've marked your answer as "correct"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, David! I actually have some timely news for you about this feature. Just yesterday this featureset got a pretty nice update, check out the post from the AE team here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-beta-discussions/feature-focus-extract-cameras-and-ligh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again David !

oh wow ! I just read that thread and thank you !  That's awesome news !  It looks very promising ! 

Thank you again, and I've upvoted both of your replies now ( which I had forgotten to do ) and also marked this answer as correct. I've also added a "follow" to the beta forum, thanks again for your help David !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! Yup, good idea to keep an eye on that beta forum. A lot of really neat stuff shows up in there and it's a great way to interact with the AE team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines