Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d tracker error After effects 2020 and 2021

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

I'm attempting to track a lenghter clip and am receiving this error in both versions of after effects 'unable to obtain dynamic link video source'.

although the initial sequence was a dynamic link from Premier I have also attempted to directly import into after effects and track , as well as trimmed clip cosniderably shorter, only to result in same error message.

I'm running an iMac Pro 3 Ghz Intel Xeon W, 64GB of RAM and 16 GB of VRAM Radeon Pro Vega 64, OS 10.14.6

The clip is Mpeg-4 50Mbits. approx 30 seconds in length.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could indicate a permissions issue with temp folders or running out of disk space. Hard to tell, but you might want to look into that, since these processes produce a ton of temp data, duplicate clips and caches.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

I have emptied after effects  disk cache in prefrences, increased max disk cache size and emptied the conformed media data base cache only to receive same error message.

I'm not sure how to check temp folders, any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Basil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try doing it in After Effects only (Not dynamic linked with Premire,  to see if it works. Not all footage tracks well with 3D Camera tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi rob,

thank you for suggestion. i imported directly and when i split the clip  i was able to track the partial scene beautifully without issues once. since that successful partial track i have been unable  to duplicate that process. the error persisting no matter how footage is; imported, duration of footage, type of codec or version. of after effects. 

best regards. 

basil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines