• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D tracking error - drifting track points

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok here we go...I am tyring to track a shot without very good tracking points. However, I have succesfully tracked this shot in the past, taken the tracking data and created a camera in Blender. For some reason this time it isnt working. When I scroll through the clip looking at the markers, they all seem to synchronisingly drift in a way the actual camera is not. Never seen this before. Then when I tried to take a decent track into blender to see if I could get away with the slightest movement, the camera motion was all over the place. I create a solid with the camera in AE and depending on the markers, its not too bad (although not solid as it was a few months ago.) Anyhow, the movement of the solid is only slightly off compared to the crazy camera i create in blender with the corresponding tracker info. Ive tried lots of different tracking combos for solving but nothing seems to work. So bc ive done it before I know its possible as the video will show, and this problem doesnt even seem related to the poor quality tracking points.  Any ideas??? Ty!

attached is the shot succesfully tracked and with a jet animation composited AND a screen recording of the timelines from both AE and then Blender of the problem. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

It might help if you actually cleaned out the points on your talent in order to not confuse the tracker...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help if you actually cleaned out the points on your talent in order to not confuse the tracker...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked for tutorials on how manually add or delete markers but I could not find anything. How do I get rid of those markers on the person?? Thank you for your reply!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah ok that was the issue for not finding anything online, i was using the word "marker" instead of "point". I believe this has solved the problem. I will report back if this is not the case. In the meantime thank you for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That shot is a simple pan. You get no parallax from Camera Tracker. A more efficient workflow for that shot would be to use Mocha AE to track translation, rotation, and scale only using the background elements. It will take only a few minutes and give you everything you would get from camera tracker with a lot more accuracy. 

RickGerard_1-1678436147677.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actaully did try Mocha but could not figure out how to take that data to create a 3D camera in Blender with it. Im guessing that isnt possible? Usually I take the Position and Orientation data to create a camera in Blender. Does that same data exist when using Mocha??? The 3D asset I have I believe only works in Blender. I need to be able to animate in Blender and their tracking system did not like this shot. Ty for replying!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a 3D camera in Blender because a simple pan with no parallax change won't give you anything but position and rotation.   

Blender has a camera tracker that is quite good. If you are working in Blender, I would track the shot there and export the camera and the 3D files. You're still only going to get a little transform, and rotation data from that shot because there is no parallax change in the shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did try the tracker in Blender but it proved to be far more complicated than that of AE, which is why I prefer to just import the camera data to Blender. Thank you so much for your help and advice!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines