Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Turn in After Effects

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out how to recreate this type of transition and I'm wondering if its possible to do in after effects.. I am familiar with Element 3D, but suspect it might have been made in Blender or C4D. Any insights would be great. Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no 3D involved. It's all just mask/ shape layer animation to old way. The only real trick here is that the body, arm and hand are split across multiple layers to control the motion hand-offs and overlaps.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, is there any chance you have a tutorial or know of a tutorial on this type of mask and shape layer animation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any tutorial that will use basic path animation is adequate enough. Everything else is just understanding perspective in the traditional painting/ drawing sense or classical cartoon animation, which has nothing to do with AE, but of course there's tutorials on that out there as well. A simple search on YouTube reveals tons of such stuff.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines