About slider parameters

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, question about parameters.

The documentation for AE SDK states that:

PF_Param_SLIDER: No longer used.

PF_Param_FIX_SLIDER: Deprecated.We now recommend PF_Param_FLOAT_SLIDERs.

So i guess we should use the PF_Param_FLOAT_SLIDERs.

However, it s impossible to make them work as a PF_Param_SLIDER/PF_Param_FIX_SLIDER to input integers. Even with precision 0, clicking on the parameter will show hidden decimals, and the click + slide the mouse is moving floating value in the back and it takes ages to change from on number to the other.

So i wonder if i m still supposed to use only PF_Param_FLOAT_SLIDERs, or which of PF_Param_SLIDER and PF_Param_FIX_SLIDER is recommended to use.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

to be honest, i also don't see a reason why not to use PF_Param_SLIDER. i don't see these slider's getting dropped completely from the API any time soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as i know, there's currently no way to force a solder to integers only.

you could implement param supervision that will force an integer value when changed... but that won't stop keyframe interpolation from creating fractions.

i too have the need for some "integer only" sliders, but for my purposes setting the precision to 0 and rounding the actual value is good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the PF_Param_SLIDER just do integer sliders that though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still sometimes use the PF_Param_SLIDER if I want to force an int. AFAIK they still work, have you had issues with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i dont have any issues with them.  i still use them. but since i see the work deprecated and obsolete... i thought i had to move to something else before it s removed somedays (i m just in the process of renewing our base tools and libraries to create AE effects).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

to be honest, i also don't see a reason why not to use PF_Param_SLIDER. i don't see these slider's getting dropped completely from the API any time soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines