• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activated Font Typing Gibberish in After Effects

Explorer ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. When I activate Interstate Ultra Black and try to type in After Effects. All the letters are mixed up.

The attached image shows illustrator type on the bottom and the After Effects type on top.

I recently recieved Malware from the same company who has provided the design files. I'm wondering if the previous infection has something to do with this type issues?

Many Thanks!

~I come here when Apps stop working.~

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dlavender,

We're sorry to hear about this. Could you let us know which After Effects version you're working with? I tried the Interstate Ultra Black font in After Effects, but it seems to work as expected. Please check if the Tracking and Kerning are in positive values in the Character or Properties panel. If they are, could you share a sample project file with the issue?

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply, Ishan. I came back to the project file later that night and everything seemed to be fine. 

I'm still a little concerend it might be Malware. The file that had the Malware also had the same font  "intersttate ultra black".

~I come here when Apps stop working.~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you install the font from Adobe Fonts or some other source? I'm not sure if malware can cause this to happen. Please let us know if you see the issue again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines