Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

I have the expression: 
var FontArray=[
"Font1",
"Font2",]
v=Math.round(effect("Slider Control")("Slider"))
style.setFont(FontArray[v]);

In my source text to be able to switch fonts, though what I want to do is control like a text animtor. So basically being able to keyframe the offset in the range selector. At the moment I can animate the slider but this effects the whole word but I want to be able to animate it by character.

Any help would be much appreciated

TOPICS
Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this isn't possible directly, as text style is set by the first character, and you can't break up different styles within a single block of text except by doing it manually. 

You could create keyframes of editing the actual text (so, a single hold keyframe as each letter changes, and applying this to other words would mean manually re-entering each one) - not ideal!

Probably the better solution would be to have two different text layers with the different styles, and use text animators to set one to invert the visibility of the single characters (using Scale or Opacity, probably) from the other. If the two typefaces have vastly different spacing, you'll need to do some other adjustments to get everything to look right, and this could get expression-y pretty quickly. 

Let us know if you need some additional guidance on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey thanks for the confirmation! - I actually had already got it setup with the 2nd option and thought wouldn't this be better with less Keyframes hahaha. Cheers - it would definitly be a nice feature for the future 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines