Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Keyframe shortcut

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I am trying to set a shortcut for the "Add Keyframe" in After Effects CC 2014.

through the shortcut txt file in AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\13.0  but I can't seem to find it there or I am missing something.

Any help? Script or something? 

TheYates_0-1628344284229.png

I have cc 2014 and cc 2019 but I use cc 2014 because it loads up faster than cc 2019. 

Thanks

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such shortcut exists for anything other than Alt/Option + p for a Position keyframe, m for a Mask, t for Opacity, s for Scale, r for Rotation, and l for Audio levels. I don't think I missed any. Turning on the stopwatch for any property sets the first keyframe. After that, changing any property value sets a new keyframe. 

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need that for the transform properties.

I need that for the START/END properties of text layers.... or trim paths, or anything other that the transform properties. I want to be able to click on a property and just press a button and "keyframe" away.

Thanks for replying though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the stopwatch for any property and you are animating. Alt/Option + [ or ] will set an in point or an out point for a layer at the CTI. The timeline search feature will find start or end for trim paths on multiple layers at the same time. There are lots of shortcuts in the user guide. If you want to animate a shape layer trim path you have to navigate to that property in the timeline and then click on the property's stopwatch. I'm having a hard time figuring out how pressing a keyboard shortcut would save any more time unless you had a shortcut for every possible property on a layer. 

You can explore the keyboard editor and assign shortcuts to a lot of properties. I don't know if trim paths start or end are included. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no hotkeys for that. However, I’ve done a script to set a key at the current time to any selected properties. You can set a shortcut key to this script. So in a way, this shortcut key adds keyframe to any properties that you want. You can save this as a .jsx and place it in the ae, scripts folder.

var proj = app.project; var projComp = app.project.activeItem;

var selProp = projComp.selectedProperties;

app.beginUndoGroup("Add Key");

for(var i = 0; i < selProp.length; i++){

var curProp = selProp[i];

curProp.addKey(projComp.time);

}

app.endUndoGroup();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this.

Once again, the community has to patch in adobe's slack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to know someone still finds it useful 2 years after!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines