Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add to render queue outputs as static

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So I was playing with render settings a while back and have since not been able to get it back to normal and have had to use adobe render queue instead.

My latest composition I need to be RGB + ALPHA but when I add to render queue, it outputs as a static .mov. It is a 5 second comp with a basic track matte with position keyframe. I can output ok in Adobe Rende Queue but need the transparent background .Screenshots attached.

I've uninstalled and reset my prefs but no luck. I'm on a m1 mac.

many thanks

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.28.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.29.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.29.08 PM.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

In the Output Module settings window you must select:

Channels: RGB+Alpha

Depth: Millions of Colors + (or Trillions of Colors + if you are on a 16-32 bpc project)

Be warning that only a couple of quicktime codecs let you embed an alpha channel inside the movie. Animation and ProRes 4444 are some of the most used. I recommend you to use ProRes 4444.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Output Module settings window you must select:

Channels: RGB+Alpha

Depth: Millions of Colors + (or Trillions of Colors + if you are on a 16-32 bpc project)

Be warning that only a couple of quicktime codecs let you embed an alpha channel inside the movie. Animation and ProRes 4444 are some of the most used. I recommend you to use ProRes 4444.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, the problem isn't the transparency it's that when I output it the file doesn't have any movement and is static.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe a problem with the Quicktime Player? Sometimes the Quick Preview on macOS doesn't work as expected. I always try to play video files using Quicktime player o VLC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I tried ProRes 4444 and that worked thank you! Not sure why the files was static beforehand though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines